Sunday, June 12, 2011

Writing our goals

Everyone of us wants to achieve something in this world. But it is very common for us to feel bad they we are not doing anything fruitful to make our dream come true. The implication from this is that it is very easy to dream but on the contrary it is very difficult to accomplish it. I am currently facing this kind of a problem. When I analyzed what I am doing I drew a big blank. I have somehow fallen a victim to procrastination. Recently I came across an article by Anthony Fernando on his website Dare to Dream, http://www.anthonyfernando.com/2007/01/17/staying-on-track/ , which I would like to share with you. In that he suggests us to have a written goal, in that process he wants us to be more specific with our goal, and keep it with us. So every time we take an action we have to classify it as either Opportunity or Distraction. We must try to avoid that action if it proves to be a distraction. This is a wonderful little article by him. :)

To put it in a nutshell,

Take the time to write down our specific goals. Whenever we come across a new opportunity, read our goals and ask ourselves, "Is this an opportunity or a distraction?". Take action accordingly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment